One day to go before Election Day, CNN is covering the issues voters care about across the country. Special measures are on the ballot in several states. CNN’s Zoraida Sambolin has the details.
Voters in Maine, Maryland and Washington will decide whether or not to legalize same sex marriage. Meanwhile, voters in Washington, Oregon and Colorado will decide whether to legalize the recreational use of marijuana. Also extremely controversial, a measure to allow physician-assisted suicide is on the ballot in Massachusetts.
Controversial for different reasons, Obama’s health care law is on the ballot in Florida, Alabama, Montana and Wyoming. Measures which could prevent individuals and businesses from being compelled to participate in a health care system will be contested by voters in those states. And in California, voters will consider abolishing the state’s death penalty. Sambolin breaks down the significance of these measures on the nation.
I'm extremely inspired along with your writing talents as smartly as with the format on your weblog. Is that this a paid topic or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to look a great blog like this one nowadays..
10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong
01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours,the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
Notify me of new comments via email.
"Early Start with John Berman and Christine Romans" airs weekdays from 5-6am ET on CNN. Check in regularly for news, show updates and a little bit of fun.