Weekend: September 19 – 21

Have a great weekend!

Calling all early voters: Share your 'Votergraph' with us!
October 24th, 2012

Calling all early voters: Share your 'Votergraph' with us!

During the 2012 presidential election, millions of voters will have the option to cast a ballot for their candidate much earlier than Election Day on Nov. 6th.

According to CNN.com reporting, voting experts estimate approximately 35% to 40% of eligible voters are expected to cast their vote before Election Day. That's 5% to 10% more than those who voted early in 2008. By some estimates, over 2 million votes for president may have already been cast.

To all those folks who have already voted or plan to vote before Nov. 6th, we want to hear from you.

We've partnered with iReport to try to gather a snapshot of what all these early voters look like, and what's most important to them in this election. We're calling it "Votergraphs." Check out the iReport "Votergraph" page here.

If you have voted early or plan to, go to the iReport "Votergraph" assignment page to upload a photo of yourself (at the polling place, with your ballot, or even with your family or at home...whatever you think showcases why you decided to vote early) and include the following information:

Name:
Age:
City, State:
Why you chose to vote early:
Who you voted for:
The biggest issue for you in this election:

Throughout the next two weeks, we're going to share your stories with our audience on "Early Start" and "Starting Point" to help the country get a good picture of how important early voters will be to shaping this election.

Filed under: 2012 election • Votergraph
  1. Jason

Tell Ana Navarro if she can't give a prediction on the election today based on her "educated" guess then get the hell off the panel... I mean really that was the most retarded thing I think I have seen on your program in a while but there again coming from her what would I expect?

November 6, 2012 at 5:22 am | Reply
  2. Barbara

what kind of comment was that just said on tv............gov scott did not have early voting on sundays and THAT DEFINITELY WAS AGAINST AFRICAN AMERICANS who go to church on Sundays – what WHITE people dont go to church!!!! I am disgusted with this prejudice comments by AFRICAN AMERICANS. You have had just as long as the rest of us to go early and vote..either vote or dont, but dont blame it on the hours and days of early voting. we made it so can you. and still make it to church!!!

November 5, 2012 at 5:22 am | Reply
  3. sue johnson

Tuesday i drove a total of 150 miles so my ptsd,dementia,alz,diagnosed vietnam vet brother could vote for Obama,. He has so little control n his life ,so n lucid calm moments, he would take out his vr card ,lay it on the table and say obama,honor, i finally got the message, Now honor my brother and all vets,18 mo. after application for assistance and still so much red tape.My brother Carl has all the faith in the world in our president and thinks he is a good guy,His right,his vote.

November 2, 2012 at 8:44 am | Reply
  4. Maureen

It is utterly unbelievable to me that after 8 years of Bush GOP policies running this country to near depression that thus election is so close. There is something seriously wrong when news people are making such a big deal about jobs report a few days before the election AS IF that report should be a factor. Lets talk about all we lose if this President loses. If Romney wins we go back to what got us here. Why do so many voters think that makes sense!

November 2, 2012 at 6:23 am | Reply
  5. Felecia Armstrong

voting for Mitt Romney, because of the economic, lost of jobs, high gas prices,high electric prices and bill,and because Obama, is the antichrist and his time is up. The media is so very basis towards how you all report the new it all just propaganda to sway the voter decision towards Obama, but it wont work....

November 1, 2012 at 7:09 am | Reply
  6. Kathleen Hillman

I am a 54 year old female that has recently started the Piddle Place, a Pet product company. I am traveling and certainly wanted to make my choice for Mitt Romney count.

Taking the risk of starting a company is always a challenge. The years of Obama are taking away all the reasons I was willilng to take this risk. We are so blessed to live in a country where we have opportunity to create and become anything we can dream.

I manufacture my products here in the USA, and will always support this country. We need to keep our jobs here, jobs for our military returning home, jobs for our grandchildren. We need incentive to bring opportunity back to the USA. As
    Americans we have always taken care of those less fortunate, we have always extended a hand to our neighbors when they faulter; to dust them off, allow them to regain self respect, and move forward with pride. We need more opportunity and less entitlements as a lifestyle choice. Romney will return our self-respect.

And I did vote for Obama last time, I once shared his dream.

Kathleen Hillman

October 26, 2012 at 7:07 am | Reply
  7. SuSu Holesha

We voted early because we have travel plans to visit my Mother. We live in Seattle, Wa. Without a doubt, we both voted for Mitt Romney. The economy being our number one choice. Also, we are impressed with his tax plan, strong military and the fact that the US has the best medcal services in the world. We think if Romney is elected, he can save our country. We believe he could be one of the best Presidents in U.S history. May God Bless America!
    SBH

October 26, 2012 at 7:03 am | Reply
  8. Joe Marek

Man! I thought the state I live in was going to be spared the Republican voter scams that are running in other parts of the country, but I was wrong!

Let me explain: I live in Nebraska, which is about as Red as a Red State can get. Except that our Electoral College votes are apportioned (if that’s the right word). Only Nebraska and Maine do this. So out of the five electoral votes Nebraska has, one went to President Obama last time: one vote! Surely nothing to worry about, right? No, wrong! The Nebraska Unicameral (the only one-bodied legislature in the country) redrew the second Congressional district to try to rob the President of that one lousy vote.

And if that wasn’t enough, the county voting commissioner has reduced the number of polling locations to try to make it harder for people in the poorer communities to vote. This is just obscene! It boggles the mind. Even out where I live, which isn’t a bad neighborhood, my polling place is suddenly twice as far away. What the heck is this?

Gods! They figure they can’t win fairly, so they’re trying every scam possible to steal the vote. Ack!

* * * *

So anyway, I requested to vote by mail, and then drove my ballot to the Voting Commissioner's Office. I wasn't the only one.

October 24, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Reply